Love at first sight.......Hmmmm?!?

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I have really felt that my creativity levels are at an all time low...I'm not sure why, maybe it's just a phase....

Anyway I have been thinking about something today, something important. Why is it that Christianity is at an all time low and everything else is on the rise. ( I am about to get very mean...so if you are tender hearted forgive me) I think it's because "Christians" (notice the quotations) have rasied themselves up to a level that is unreachable by someone that needs salvation through Christ. What I mean by that is this - People are begining to be turned off by Christianity, even the most devote Christians are turning away because of the actions and attitude of todays "Christian". This is a sad thing! IT hurts me to see the way that we treat other...."If you don't go to this church you are going to hell", "If you don't sing this way you are going to hell", "If you don't speak this way then you are going to hell". I think we have lost the focus! Are we not in this together?!?!?!

Someone very dear to me and once was on FIRE for God will not even set foot in a church anymore. His reasoning "The people hurt you and talk about you and they dont'care"! I know that there are some that truly do care don't get me wrong. They are far a few between though!

Christians have gotten SO LAZY in there thinking. Christianity has become a status instead of a passion and it is so much more than that. However in order to get back to the basics we have got to understand one thing.."LOVE" Jesus said in 1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. We tend to forget that it was love that has made a way for us when we don't deserve a way. We tend to forget that love picks us up when we should be trampled upon. If you want to be known as a follower of Christ then follow His teachings....in other words LOVE!!! That was His greatest commandment. If people don't see LOVE in you at first sight then they do NOT see Jesus in you AT ALL!!!

In Love people will not be turned away from Christianty...It can be a place to run too...

I leave you with this....

about 2 weeks ago God put this simple vision in my mind...A lost ship in the ocean and the storms were heavy. The crew on board had made their peace and were ready to die because they knew that they were alone and in danger...They knew that they may not return home....Then all of the sudden of in the distance they see a flashing light...very dim but it's there...as they got closer they saw a beat up lighthouse shining his bright light as bright as possible. The moment that the crew saw that light they had hope...even when hope could not exsist for them. They knew that were almost home.

No matter how beaten or broken you are, let your light, the love of Christ, shine as bright as it can...you never know what LOST ship is looking for it.

May God Bless you Richley

Ant

0 comments:

Post a Comment