A new Thing!

Well my wife tells me that I am the worst person in the world when it comes to grammer. So let me apologize ahead of time for any typos... or uh-ohs.

About four years ago on a Wednesday night I was in a normal church service having a great time when I had this urge to get and go down stairs. I got to the doors at the youth room/fellowship hall and noticed that all the kids were just sitting around not being taught or anything close. They were just being baby-sat for the adults pretty much. My heart jumed out of my chest and The Lord spoke to me and said "feed my sheep". I remember talking to Mary about it for days trying to sort out what I was supposed to do with that, I am a music man not a youth pastor. At least that is what I thought! The next few days thought just ran crazy through my head...( I tend to do that when i get an idea in my head) All I could think about was what The Lord had spoken to me. So I made a step, I ask if I could do a 3 week sermon series for the youth. I had no idea what I was doing so I just trusted God and his calling on me. After the 3 weeks the youth was so excited and pumped about what they had learned and I felt like I was on top of the world. I didn't expect this to be so easy and so hard at the same time...It felt good!

At the end of the 3 weeks I called the church outside to a burning barrell and had told them to take anything that henders them from God and bring it with them. It was amazing at all the stuff that everyone brought... (I even brought my justin timberlake cds) I was so happy to see people giving up things because they love God more... At that moment I knew that I was in the right place at the right time. I had no idea where I was going or what I was going to do. All I knew was that I had to do it.

A lot of things have changed over the past 4 years I feel a bit more mature even though some would argue that is so not true. I feel I have become a leader, and a protector of God's people and I know that there is nothing else that I could do with my life... I think that I am gonna take this blog and make it a tool to encourage those who are discouraged and to lift up those who are down. I am gonna talk about all the the ups and downs and everything in-between that I have been through as a minister of God.

Remember if you ever feel like you don't know what you are doing or you fell like you are not sure you are doing it right. Just hold on and let God take the lead, his plans are greater than ours. His wisdom and knoweldge is greater than ours, and his ways are greater than ours. He just wants us to obey...

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.(NIV)

May God Bless YOU!

0 comments:

Post a Comment